Maintenance Checklist for Your Food Trailer
Make your investment last. Your food trailer business should include daily and scheduled checklists to be a priority for completion. Some items to include:
- External – walk around vehicle checking tires, windshield wipers, clean windows (inside & out) and check for any external damage.
- Interior of food trailer – do NOT hose it down. You could damage the electrical equipment. DO wash down. If diamond plated floors, can use dawn to cut grease and gently clean.
- Clean thoroughly ALL cooking appliances and areas.
- Refrigerators and freezer interiors – clean thoroughly.
- Tires – check grease on the grease cup after every 500 miles, re-torque wheel nuts after every 500 miles and schedule regular rotations.
- Hood filters & air conditioning filters – clean regularly
- Make up air units – regularly schedule inspections. The unit should be given a top to bottom inspection twice a year.
Roof top exhaust – clean once at minimum once a month.