Styles of BBQ Concession Trailer Menus
Barbecue’s history, predominantly in the southern states of America, dates back to the colonial days. Large gatherings have included this southern staple since as early as the very first celebration of our nation’s Independence Day.
Main regions of BBQ styles include:
- Memphis–“This town’s big on pork, whether it’s in rib or pulled form, and usually uses a dry rub that includes garlic, paprika, and other spices.” (Thrillist)
- North Carolina–“usually pork, served pulled, shredded, or chopped, but sometimes sliced. It may also be rubbed with a spice mixture before smoking and mopped with a spice and vinegar liquid during smoking.” (Wikipedia)
- South Carolina – “barbecue is characterized by the use of a yellow “Carolina Gold” sauce, made from a mixture of yellow mustard, vinegar, brown sugar and other spices.” (Wikipedia)
- Texas–Has four regions:
- Central Texas:“The meat is rubbed with only salt and black pepper or in some restaurants with spices and cooked over indirect heat from pecan or oak wood or mesquite wood or a combination of woods. Sauce is typically considered unneeded but may be served on the side.”
- East Texas: “The meat is slowly cooked to the point that it is “falling off the bone.” It is typically cooked over hickory wood and marinated in a sweet, tomato-based sauce.”
- West Texas: “The meat is cooked over direct heat from mesquite wood.”
- South Texas: “Features thick, molasses-like sauces that keep the meat very moist.”
- Kansas City:“no meat is off-limits (owing to the city’s status as a meatpacking hub), and it’s all cooked super-slow and super-low, preferably over hickory wood. The sauce is most commonly a thick, sweet molasses-and-tomato concoction that sticks to ribs of both animal and man.” (Thrillist)
The styles vary based on the meats used, the preferred sauces and rubs, how they are served and what dishes are served alongside them.
Choosing the region to go with is the yummy part of menu creation. Once you have your style of barbeque chosen, it is time get your truck or trailer decked out with a custom wrap to show off to folks near your truck just what you are serving by sight.
Why buy from Concession Nation?
Concession Nation is a trustworthy trailer and food truck builder since 2006. We have earned an elite reputation in the industry and have become a leader in many ways. As a result, we have a lot of repeat business as well as an elite clientele from Google Inc. to hotels, resorts, casinos, schools, military, cities, and so much more, which you can see for yourself in our galleries. We are pleased of our continued promise to improve our quality and workmanship each year. Above all, we offer competitive prices to keep our food trucks and concession trailers affordable.
Concession Nation can custom build your food trailer, as you envision it. We will build it according to your local health department codes, with quality and craftsmanship. We take pride in every build and make sure each is unique and stunning.
Call us or inquire now for more details and let us pursue you, we want your business! Most noteworthy, we can give you a detail proposal with no hidden fees.