Food Trucks FAQs

Frequently asked questions about starting a food truck business

answered by Concession Nation, a respected Food Truck Builder

We are conveniently located on1821 SW 42nd Way Deerfield Beach, FL 33442. Our business hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm.

NSF stand for National Sanitation Foundation, is a requirement for commercial rated equipment.

The most common food truck sizes are 18′, 20′ and 22′. However, the food truck size ranges from 14ft to 24ft, plus the cabin of the truck.

Yes, you may. The only exception is from Washington DC area, in which case your truck may not exceed 18 feet in total length. (This means the cabin of the truck is typically 7 feet, and the box cannot exceed 11 feet).

Quality, craftsmanship and durability. From using all stainless steel screws, to all NSF, to the final finished look. You may call us for a list. No homemade hoods, fittings or equipment stands here just stainless steel and NSF approved equipment. Our client list says it all.

The trucks that we use are all good, late models, Fairfax checked and inspected. Although the truck is used everything else is brand new. However, you may purchase a brand new truck and we will convert it into a food truck.

GMC, Ford, International, Grummins, Workhorse, etc.

The truck does not have warranty, our work to convert it into a food truck does. Feel free to have your own mechanic check the vehicle, as well as using any other checks such as Fairfax.

Absolutely, we would prefer that.

Once it has been converted into a food truck…around 16,000 lbs. We install brand new leave springs to support the weight. We also install brand new shocks, if needed.

No. All food trucks are custom built to order, so you may customize it to suit your needs.

You can talk to a sales person at 888-390-4479 or contact our sales manager Keith, directly at 1-877-471-4438. Keith is a real concessionaire and chef with over 20 years of experience.

Tell us your menu, needs and targeted audience and we will help design and layout your truck to maximize your profits. The more information you can provide us with the better we can assist you.

All food trucks have common elements, including electric, water and plumbing, commercial hood ventilation and windows and equipment that can be modified.

Yes of course we will. You must contact your local health department as well as your fire marshal that will forward to you the requirements that we will follow in order to build your food truck to meet all code and regulations. There are hundreds of different health codes throughout the U.S. all codes will require at least the following: 3-compartment sink with drain boards (drain boards vary state to state), hand wash sink, fresh and gray water holding tanks (gray water is normally 15% larger than the freshwater tank). Hot water, smooth, clean wipe able and light colored interior surfaces. Cooking operations will require a commercial hood ventilation system with a stainless steel backsplash and a manual fire extinguisher.

All permits are your responsibility.

A fire suppression unit is an emergency extinguishing system in which nozzles are placed under the commercial hood over each piece of cooking equipment with an open flame (steam table exempt) if the temperature exceeds a certain amount (normally 450-500) a dry liquid powdered chemical will be dispersed and the gas will automatically be shut-off. This system also comes with a K-class fire extinguisher. Even if your local health inspector tells you that you are not required to have a fire suppression unit check with the fire marshal, he has higher jurisdiction than an inspector. Now, remember if you choose not to have this unit installed and you travel out of your local area or into another state where it is required and mandatory, you will not be permitted to open and in turn will now be closed down before the event has even opened. Therefore, you not only lose the money you would have made for the weekend but you would also lose your entrance fee. So to put it shortly, choosing not to have fire suppression could cost you a lot more than anticipated.

Unless you are in a permanent location with land power yes you will.

Your food truck may be 12′ foot long or it may a 28′ foot freightliner MT edition series, but there is never enough room, so keep this in mind when designing your truck. Consider very carefully the options available such as work top refrigeration, stainless steel cabinets or adding shelving wherever possible. Remember, you never have enough room.

If you pick up your food truck from our facility in Florida, you will be required to pay Florida sales tax of 6% and then when you register your food truck with your local DMV, you will be required to pay the difference in your local state tax if there is a difference.

Call us now to get a transport quote. (Ph: 888-892-4299 ext 24).

Yes. The graphics are normally included in the price. Once a deposit is received, we will put you directly in contact with the graphics company and you can work directly with them. If you wish to do your own graphics with a different company, we will simply deduct the cost from the final price.

We require a 30% deposit of the final amount. The balance of the final payment must clear the bank prior to pick up or delivery.

Upon receipt of deposit, we will give you the names of publications that give you thousands of shows and hundreds of promotions in the United States. Did you know? There are over 320,000 festivals in the U.S.?

The 2 big purveyors are U.S. foods and Sysco, but most items can also but purchased from your local Sam’s Club, Costco or any wholesale club.

Please, we encourage you to call us with all and any questions, however simple they may sound.

Back  ↵